Thursday, February 11, 2010

Grammar: Review sounding out words in sentences

Pronunciation exercises - Say the following sentences out loud!

1. Nancy kontan - Nancy is happy

2. Li kontan anpil - She is very happy

3. Joe sonje m - Joe misses me

4. Li pa bliye m - He does not forget me.

5. Nou se enfimyè - We are nurses.

6. Yo se doktè - They are doctors.

7. Sa se yon liv - This is a book.

8. Sa se yon ti mayo - This is a little shirt.

9. Sa se pa yon soulye - This is not a shoe.

10. Sa yo se malèt mwen - These/ those are my suitcase.

11. Sa se piti mwen - This is my child.

12. Sa yo se pa liv mwen - These/ those are not my books.

13. Ou se madam mwen - You are my wife.

14. Li se mari -m - He is my husband.

15. Li se menaj mwen - She/he is my girfriend/boyfriend.

16. Li se tonton m - He is my uncle.

17. Sa se kay mwen - This is my house.

18. Joumou se yon vejetab - Squash is a vegetable.

19. Tout fig se fwi - All bananas are fruits.

20. Jodi-a nou se Ayisyen - Today we are Haitians.

No comments:

Post a Comment