ch pronounced as in show, shave, shower (Never as chop or chit-chat)
d pronounced as in David, day
f pronounced as in free, fall, freak
g pronounced as in gain, garbage, gallop (Never as barge, Marge, or merge)
j pronounced as in genre, jolie (Never as Job or Jesus)
k pronounced as in Khaki, Koala
l pronounced as in lola, lollita, love
m pronounced as in me, mandate memo
n pronounced as in Nancy, novice, new
p pronounced as in party, poll, pope
r pronounced as in (that's a hard one!) ...Rio
s pronounced as in society, Samson (Never like confusion)
t pronounced as in tea, tax
v pronounced as in violin, voltage,
W pronounced as in water, wash, week
z pronounced as in zigzag, zoo
y pronounced like the sound of "y" as in yahoo, yay myèl, fyèl, Kreyòl
Let's practice! Please say out loud.
1. B - Bobo, bòlèt, boutèy.
2. ch - Chay, chante, chare, cheri, chokola, chandèl
3. D - Diri, dòmi, devan, dèyè, divòs
4. F - Fennen, fouye, frape, fèy, ti fifi
5. G - gaga, genyen goud, gade, gode, gouyad, granpanpan
6. J - Jounen, jenjanm, jwen, jodi-a, janbe, joujou, sonje.
7. K - kay, koulèv, kalalou, koze, kamyon, kaliko
8. L - Lamitye, lanmou, lontan, lendi, lavi.
9. M - Maten, monnen, malanga, mapou, moumou,mizik
10. N - Nenpòt, nannan, novanm, nanpwen, nwa, nimewo
11. P - Pantan, pon, repo, pati,repete, kapab
12. R - radyo, repo, reponn, pran, rele, repete, rezoud, ranmase
13. S - Soulye, souri, separe, sonnen, solèy, siwo
14. T - Tonbe, tankou, tablo, tete, tankou,tabak
15. V - Vini, vwayaj, vire, vit, vwazen
16. W - Woule, wouze, wè, wete, wouye, wayan
17. Z - Zewo, zantray, zwazo, zonbi, zanmi, zaboka, zoklo
18. Y - Soulye, serye, meyè, katye, metye, dezyèm, twazyèm, katriyèm, miyò.